September 20th - 24th
15 spots available. $1100 until March 1st, $1300 after March 1st
An all-ages and abilities trail running camp experience designed to bring a complete awareness and comfort to your time in the wilderness. We've designed all of the runs to be taken at your own pace and ability. We want you to learn the in's and out's of trail running, how to stay safe deep in the mountains, and find that deeper connection to the world around you where it fits with you.
Trail running technique, the importance of forest stewardship, healthy nutrition on and off the run, trail maintenance training and impact, trail etiquette, map reading and navigation skills will all be taught, providing the foundation for this impactful, awe inspiring week. Come join us and see for yourself.
The Camp at Suttle Lake, OR will be our base for the week as we explore the surrounding trails, push your limits, and learn to be at one with the wilderness.
Our Location - Suttle Lake offers access to some of the most spectacular trails and ecosystems the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Working with the Forest Service we've put together a week full of learning and running.
Camp Amenities - We want you to immerse yourself in the wilderness while at camp. This is a rustic lodge in the woods. Lodging amenities will be sparse. You'll be able to share a room with 2-4 fellow campers with bunks to sleep on including a mattress. Hot meals and showers are provided. While you'll have a bed and roof over your head, there will be no cellular reception. We hope this will provide you with a relaxing and distraction free week. We feel this brings a more authentic experience to a few days spent out in the woods.
LOCATION – Suttle Lake, OR
ELEVATION – 4,500ft
CREW – 5
RUNNING MILEAGE – 30-50mi
CAMPERS – 15-20
TRAILS – Hundreds of Miles
ACTIVITIES and TEACHING
What to expect at the Max King Trail Running Camp:
- Guided runs on varying terrain and distance on a different trail every day
- Instruction in trail running form, nutrition, strength and conditioning, run recovery, map and compass navigation, wilderness ethics,
- A day of trail maintenance and instruction in forest stewardship
- To push your limits both physically and mentally and learn how to push yourself further than you thought possible
- Delicious and healthy homemade meals prepared by our incredible chef
- A swag package that will make you think it's your birthday, but better (Salomon, GU, Swiftwick, Flora, Black Diamond)
- Comfortable but rustic lodging in bunk style rooms
- Gather around the evening camp fire to roast marshmallows and recount the stories of the day
- A sunset run to share an inspiring moment with fellow campers
- A map and compass workshop and mini orienteering event to hone your new skills
- The ability to disconnect from the world. We encourage very limited to no cell phone and wifi usage while at camp
There really is no typical day at camp. Each day is unique and special in itself.