MT HOOD PARADISE LODGE JULY 10-14th 2017
We are full!
(Still interested? Get on the waitlist by emailing email@example.com. The waitlist will be first come, first serve, no deposit necessary.)
$550 until March 1st, $650 after March 1st
A youth trail running camp experience for ages 15-20 designed to bring a complete awareness to your time in the wilderness. Learn the in's and out's of trail running, how to stay safe deep in the mountains, and find that deeper connection to the world around you. Trail running technique, the importance of forest stewardship, healthy nutrition on and off the run, trail maintenance training and impact, trail etiquette, map reading and navigation skills will all be taught, providing the foundation for this impactful, awe inspiring week. Come join us and see for yourself.
MORE THAN JUST A RUNNING CAMP
The Paradise Lodge will be our base for the week as we explore the surrounding trails, push your limits, and learn to be at one with the wilderness.
Our Location - Mt Hood and the surrounding area offers access to some of the most spectacular trails and ecosystems the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Working with the Forest Service we've put together a week full of learning and running. From stunning mountain views to outdoor lessons on navigation, wilderness safety, and geology we'll explore the unique forests and ridges of Mt Hood.
Camp Amenities - The Paradise Lodge is a quaint lodge tucked amongst the forest at the base of Mt Hood. Exceptional trail opportunities lead right from the front door. We want you to immerse yourself in the wilderness while at camp. This is a rustic lodge in the woods. Lodging amenities will be sparse. You'll be in shared rooms with fellow campers with bunks and/or cots to sleep on including a mattress. Hot meals and showers are provided. While you'll have a bed and roof over your head, there will be no cellular reception. We hope this will provide you with a relaxing and distraction free week. We feel this brings a more authentic experience to a few days spent out in the woods.
What to expect at a week of the Max King Trail Running Camp
- Guided runs on varying terrain and distance on a different trail every day
- Instruction in trail running form, nutrition, strength and conditioning, run recovery, map and compass navigation, wilderness ethics,
- A day of trail maintenance and instruction in forest stewardship
- To push your limits both physically and mentally and learn how to push yourself further than you thought possible
- Delicious and healthy homemade meals prepared by our incredible chef
- A swag package that will make you think it's your birthday, but better (Salomon, GU, Swiftwick, Flora, Black Diamond)
- Comfortable but rustic lodging in bunk style rooms
- Gather around the evening camp fire to roast marshmallows and recount the stories of the day
- A sunset run to share an inspiring moment with fellow campers
- A map and compass workshop and mini orienteering event to hone your new skills
- Great photos to share by Paul Nelson Photography
Scholarships Available - Application Form