Photo: Jack Strang Photography
Our Location - Mt Hood and the surrounding area offers access to some of the most spectacular trails and ecosystems the Pacific Northwest has to offer. Working with the Forest Service we've put together a week full of learning and running. From stunning mountain views to outdoor lessons on navigation, wilderness safety, and geology we'll explore the unique forests and ridges of Mt Hood.
The Daily Schedule – Just getting runs on beautiful trails every day is the easy part and you could do that anywhere, anytime. We want you to get something out of this camp you can take home and put to good use in your own running, that’s why we’ll be teaching technical running form, downhill trail running, nutrition guidelines, trail building skills, how to put together a trail training plan, trail etiquette, and more.
How To Prepare - We want you to enjoy your time at camp and one of the ways to do that is to come prepared. While this is a camp for all abilities, there are some strenuous activities that will test your limits no matter who you are. The stronger you come in, the more fun you'll have.
What To Bring - Your packing list should include the basics without much fluff. In other words, you won't need the kitchen sink.
Included in your camp fees:
- All meals starting with lunch on your arrival day and breakfast on your departure.
- Guided trail runs each day on different trails
- Map and Compass tools for workshop
- A swag bag that will outfit you with some of the best products for trail running
- Nutrition products from GU for all runs during the week
- Transportation to/from runs and events from Wednesday evening through Sunday morning
- Camp seminars on nutrition, running form and technique, forest stewardship, trail maintenance, and more
- An epic adventure that you didn't know you had in you
- Comfortable but rustic accommodations in bunk style rooms with other campers
Transportation from Monday afternoon through Friday morning is included during camp. Transportation to and from camp on Monday and Friday will be available to limited locations. .
Vans will be departing from Bend and Portland on Monday July 10th for camp at Mt Hood. Cost for transportation will be $15 from Bend and Portland on the Camp Vans.
Coming on your own?
Directions from Portland and points North
Directions from the South
Directions from Bend and points East
Your child's safety is our most important camp priority. With that in mind we'll create a safe environment for our campers from the time they meet us on the first day to when they leave camp. We will be in wilderness and remote settings but runs will be set up so that in case of sudden weather events we can reach shelter and relative safety as quickly as possible. Our staff has Wilderness First Aid, CPR, SafeSport and other coaching certifications to be prepared in case of emergency.
Scholarships now available!
We've recently obtained a very generous donations to be used toward camp scholarships. Need some help with camp costs? Apply for a scholarship for a little extra help.